Thursday, August 23, 2012

*SPIRAL CUT HOT DOGS*


Kids love those....

There’s been a video circulating rampantly about spiral cutting hot dogs. We thought it only seemed fitting to try it for ourselves and determine if it’s all it’s cracked up to be.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyieI2bxyIk

The first step was obviously to go out and buy some hot dogs and skewers. Easy enough. Every grocery store has wieners and almost all of them have skewers for shish kebabs.

That’s when things got a bit trickier. It turns out that I’m not that great with wieners.

I struggled to jam the stick straight through, my aim was pretty terrible.

Eventually I made it end to end with fairly reasonable straightness, or so I thought.

As I started to spiral cut, it became clear that my skewer was nowhere near centered. In some spots it was so bad that I was only cutting a couple millimeters deep.

First attempt complete; all fingers intact. They say practice makes perfect though.

The second time around I thread the skewer vertically and it worked much better. If you’re going to try this, I’d highly recommend that.

Obviously I wasn’t going to waste a perfectly good stick of meat, so both went on the grill.

I can’t lie, they look delicious on the grill.

Once they're cook.... coat your wiener with mustard AND ketchup. YUMMY!!! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment