Saturday, May 5, 2012

*NESQUIK (COPYCAT)*


I grew up on this stuff... my mom use to make me Quik hot chocolate every morning before going to school... and this for years and years.

So I thought, "There has to be a way I can make a copycat version at hom...e without the additives". From the ingredient list, I found it contains three basic dry ingredients and a bunch of other stuff I'd rather not give to my kid. So I came across this recipe and was quite happy with the results. It could not be any more simple...

2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa (the better the quality of the cocoa, the better the result)
Pinch of salt

Combine the three ingredients and store in a sealed container.
That's it!

NOTE: I've been using this recipe for a while now. It's great! One trick I found is to help it dissolve is to first add about one tablespoon of hot water to the powder in the cup and swirl it around for a few seconds. Then, add the milk. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment