Saturday, October 22, 2011

GREEK MARINADE

(RECIPE POSTED BY SHEILA BELL MCKAY)

1/4 cup cooking oil
2 Tablespoons soya sauce
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 lemon peel grated..use organic lemon
2 cloves grated/chopped garlic
2 Tablespoons oregano

Mix all ingredients together. Remove 1/4 of the marinade & keep it seperate.
Marinade chicken, pork or lamb for 24 hours. Shrimp can be used also, but only marinade for 1 hour.

You can bbq, bake or broil your meat of choice. I like to cut up my meat into 2 inch cubes. Drain the marinade and cook. I usually put my meat on skewers. I use the seperate marinade to baste the meat as it cooks.

Soak wooden skewers for hours prior to using them.

Serve with pita bread & tzatziki sauce.

If you want to kick it up a notch add 1 teasppon of Cavender's Greek Seasoning to the marinade.

No comments:

Post a Comment