Thursday, December 22, 2011

CHOCOLATE WONDERS

(RECIPE POSTED BY DIANA ROSS MADILL)
This very old recipe (from my husbands grandmother) is one of the quickest cookies to make, no baking required. I had not made them in years and took them to a Christmas get together last week and was surprised when I had to give someone the recipe...she said it reminded her of childhood Christmas's. I thought I would share the recipe before I make ...a second batch.

1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup milk
2 cups white sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa

Combine the above ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil, remove from heat and add-

3 cups quick cook rolled oats
1 cup coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix well and drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper or parchment paper. Let cool to set. Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment